Chartering / Freight, Transport & Logistics Team Member
Updated: 17 Mar 2023
Offered by:Glencore International AG
The main tasks and responsibilities include
- Developing and optimizing worldwide transportation, warehousing, and logistics solutions to support Glencore’s Zinc/Copper marketing business
- Negotiating and executing spot and long-term freight contracts for dry cargo in collaboration with owners/brokers/freight forwarders
- Developing a profound k-how about dry cargo freight market and produce internal data & analytics reporting
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with freight and logistics service providers in various regions
- Guiding our marketing business on freight market developments and opportunities
- Negotiating storage and handling agreements with warehouses, terminals and ports
- Ensuring compliance with local and international regulations and standards, sanctions, insurance, etc.
- Assisting Traffic/Operations on smooth functioning of transport execution
The ideal candidate
- Is a team player with an independent and flexible work attitude
- Is able to work in a fast-paced environment and to build relationships in a global team
- Has efficient and well-organized working skills
- Has solid analytical thinking and negotiations skills
- Has a good k-how in using IT applications (MS Office, Business Objects)
- Is a person who thinks and acts maturely and can take responsibility to fit with our multicultural and entrepreneurial as well as performance driven environment
Qualifications and requirements
- A sound educational background
- Excellent kledge of maritime industry for dry cargo, including substantial kledge of Incoterms
- Minimum of three years’ experience in dry cargo chartering and practical kledge in commodity handling preferable
- Kledge of shipping contracts and basic understanding of maritime law
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written), further languages are of advantage
- Has a Swiss permit or is CH/EU passport holder
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
- We have a competitive parental leave policy. Our childcare benefits also include emergency childcare services and financial assistance towards daycare costs.
Who we areGlencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we k it.The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.