Senior Software Engineer PLC (IT) - RZ
Posted: 27 May 2022
Our client, a leading medical device company is looking for "Senior Software Engineer PLC " based near Zug, Switzerland.
They are looking for a software developer, you will have the opportunity to maintain and develop real time control software for Lab Automation devices (e.g. sample handling devices) as well as separate diagnosis and service software for these devices. The device control runs on a real time operating system from B&R Automation (PLC structured text) and is managed by a non-real time environment running on Linux (C++).
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Participate in all phases of software development from feasibility studies through design, development, testing and bug fixing
- Participate in defining work packages, their estimation, planning, and implementation
- Execute the assigned work packages correctly, completely and in a timely manner
- Provide all necessary documentation
- Review and analyze the source code
- Review application design, functionality, usability and performance to enhance it
- Provide work status and issue notification
- Close interdisciplinary collaboration with project teams
- Support of Operations during the product transfer phase in software related issues
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in software / electrical engineering or similar
- Experience with B&R Automation PLC environment (very experienced Siemens SPS candidate also an option)
- Strong understanding of low-level mechatronic systems, including hardware and firmware
- Proven kledge of structured text programming
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English (German is the internal language within the team)
- Motivated and proactive team player with experience in a cross-disciplinary environment and good communication skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
If its an interest to you than apply asap. I will be happy to speak with you to share more details regarding the position. In case not, I will consider your profile for another suitable role for sure. I am happy to help you with your job search.
Its an urgent position with a deadline to submit the candidates by 19th May (Thursday) 6:00 pm , so please apply soon.
od wishes :)