Project Leader and Vendor/Leader Manager
Posted: 17 Nov 2022
The revolutionary, Nobel-prize-winning Polymerase Chain Reaction Technology (PCR), quickly replicates a single specific fragment of DNA or RNA to quantities sufficient for accurate laboratory analysis. PCR testing is in a phase of transformation and has seen huge growth during the COVID pandemic. We are looking for a seasoned Project Leader focusing on SW Projects with external vendors/partners management experience to join our team.
As Project Leader and Vendor Manager for PCR software solutions, you join the SubChapter PCR Partner Management, you will connect with the external vendors and will drive project execution with the external vendors, and help drive continuous improvement at multiple levels across the Subchapter and department.
The perfect candidate:
We are looking for an experienced Project Lead with Vendor Management experience or experience as a Delivery Manager/Lead from an Agency. The candidate needs to have cultural awareness and must be able to work within a global environment.
- Start date: ASAP
- Latest Start Date: 01.02.2023
- End date: 12 months
- Extension: possible
- Workplace: Zug
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: 2-3 days on-site per week
- Travel: Up to 5% of international
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the planning, collaboration, coordination, execution, and delivery of medical software projects.
- Coordinate the project execution with our external vendors.
- Define the best delivery model depending on the project's needs.
- Drive the agile requirement elicitation and ensure the proper handover of the new scope to the external vendor.
- Track the execution of solution epics and capabilities.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value of the Agile Release using a variety of tools and methods.
- Able to coordinate multiple solution interfaces (both external and internal).
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during definition and delivery.
- Define, track and approve the deliverables from external vendors.
- Escalate, track and help to resolve impediments and provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
- Continuously improve engagement with external vendors to optimize efficiency.
- Collaborate with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Innovative and problem-solving (incl. analytical skills, active listening, critical thinking, and process improvements) with a focus on sustainable and scalable solutions
- Min. Bachelor in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering or similar
- Min. 5+ years of experience as Project Manager or Project Lead in combination with Vendor Management experience or Delivery Lead from an agency perspective
- Experience working in large, preferably global, software organizations, working across multiple locations and cultures with multiple software directors and managers, and teams to deliver software releases to market
- Have successfully led teams in an engineering environment
- Experience in coordinating projects with external vendors
- Hands-on experience with reporting and status updates, willing and able to create fit-for-purpose and clear presentations and meaningful dashboards
- Strong communication and solution-oriented, with the ability to clearly and concisely explain complex organizational or technical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to navigate complex corporate environments and influence stakeholders and partners
- Cultural awareness and a proactive mindset
We are looking forward to receiving your application!