Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Cloud Engineer
Updated: 22 Jul 2022
Offered by:Cognizant Technology Solutions AG
Site Reliability Engineer / Cloud DevOps EngineerLocation: Zurich, SwitzerlandType: permanentDomain: Banking and financial servicesAbout the JobWe are looking for 4 SREs who will be working for our banking project as a Cloud DevOps/SRE Engineer for their IaaS Team.Job Responsibilities
- This role will be responsible for the design, build, delivery, and security of cloud and DevOps technology solutions that support the needs of the projects that are delivered within the company, devising and implementing a modern approach to software engineering and infrastructure that enables continuous deployment/delivery and by releasing features on-demand.
- To support and grow the DevOps/SRE environment working closely with teams like Development, Testing & Production Support teams across IaaS.
- Hands-on Automation DevOps engineer with experience in creating Infrastructure as Code, automating application deployments, and Release Management tasks.
- Create tools and scripts that help automate deployments that align with agreed guiding principles, strategy, architecture, and standards.
- Develop metrics, monitoring, and altering to observe the health of the production system.
- Develop implement visual tools for technical and business teams to observe system health.
- Embed security controls, implementation, and testing into the DevOps/SRE practices.
- Utilize agile practices to ensure consistent and transparent execution.
- Monitor standards/policy compliance by developing and executing governance processes and tools.
- Drive and ensure industry best practice is being adopted in terms of Infrastructure Architecture; Continuous Delivery and Integration; Deployment; Security; 3rd-level Support and Test automation.
- Take personal ownership of all infrastructure and development operations for the team and ensure that all work meets user and commercial objectives, is delivered on time, and to the quality standards agreed.
- Execute the agreed-upon technology strategy.
- Responsible for defining the System Development Life Cycle methodology and associated cross-functional tools to ensure adoption and continuous improvement.
Required skills and experience for the job
- Ca. 8 years of overall work experience as DevOps/SRE SME delivering high performance, highly available and resilient applications and in Cloud infrastructures.
- Container technologies like any exposure or working exp with RedHat Openshift , AKS or ECS
- Proficiency with building and setting up high velocity and reliable CI/CD pipeline using tools/platforms such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Maven. Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipeline is a must.
- Solid technical background, with hands-on experience in automated; agile environments delivering infrastructure; monitoring, and tooling to high-traffic web applications.
- Hands-on experience analyzing hardware and software logs and metrics.
- A data driven approach to problem solving and communication.
- Hands on experience in managing Database configuration and performance.
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries.
- Ability to automate repeatable processes via scripts (e.g. via Terraform, bash, PowerShell, JS, Python, etc.)
- Familiarity with the deployment of application performance monitoring (APM)
- Excellent experience with system administration (RHEL/Windows/ESXi/Network/)
- Experience with load balancing setup for TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, and routings.
- Proficiency with systems that support Infrastructure-as-Code ideals, such as Ansible, Saltstack, Terraform, etc.
- Experience of DevOps solutions on cloud computing platforms such as VMware, Azure, AWS.
The following are an advantage:
- Banking background is preferred but not a must.
- Masters Level / Bachelor in, computer science, information technology, or related field preferred.
Are you interested to be part of this project? Then please share your CV in English.Who we are?Cognizant (CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our industry-based, consultative approach helps many of the best-kn organizations in every industry and geography envision, build and run more innovative, efficient businesses.We engineer modern businesses to improve everyday life.