Cloud DWH Architect/ Senior BI Developer
Posted: 27 May 2022
As the Cloud Data Warehouse Architect, you will be responsible for building our business reporting and insights capabilities, including defining and implementing requirements for our group-wide data platform.You will take responsibility for planning and designing the overall data warehousearchitecture and infrastructure.The work location is up to you: Home-office (only in Switzerland), Zürich or Bern.You will work closely with data producers, owners and users across various domains. This means not only taking requirements but also understanding their needs (and questioning the expected value when needed) as well as engaging in discussions to map the real world as closely as possible in our data models.Overall, your contribution will help to build our business insights capabilities, including defining and implementing requirements for our group-wide enterprise data platform.This is what you bring to the tableMinimum qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or equivalent
- You bring with you a broad history of best practices from your past roles as a Senior BI Developer / DWH architect:
- Strong understanding of database and data model concepts
- Strong understanding of the ogle BigQuery database architecture
- Strong analytical skills and advanced kledge of SQL
- Data auditing skills to verify data integrity, understand discrepancies, and resolve them effectively
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Familiarity with analytical/reporting solutions like (ideally) Looker, Tableau, PowerBI is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices and automation of documentation, testing, build, deployment, configuration, and monitoring
- Master's degree in a related technical field
- Hands-on experience building data pipelines using Fivetran, BigQuery, dbt, etc.
- Kledge of Python, advanced Python for data management is preferred
- Deep kledge of cloud solutions, and microservices with specific expertise in the implementation of data warehouses, data marts, etc.
- Deep understanding of ETL best practices, scalability, complex process management, self-healing
- Industry leadership experience in online marketplaces and/or digital businesses
These are your tasksResponsible for the group-wide BI platform, architectural decisions and modeling of data therein. Building a platform that other data domains can use to connect their data sources, models and reports on their most important metrics.
- Develop logical data models and physical database designs in the cloud
- Develop integration processes with different external platforms to extract data efficiently and accurately
- Automate frameworks for data quality and integrity
- Monitor performance and advise any necessary infrastructure changes
- Ensure optimal end-user experience by establishing a system performance assessment processes and associated action plans
- Optimise GCP resources utilisation, forecasting and monitoring costs and usage across the platform
- Provide direction for complex projects and mentor junior team members
Why you should join usYou can expect a challenging task in a great environment with team members who share the same vision, goals and collaborative mindset.We stay agile with different and fast-changing topics in a dynamic environment.Your new crew is a highly international and diverse group of fantastic co-workers. Are you interested in a career with us?The client is a pioneering network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with ground-breaking products. We are looking for digital talent to meet the highest expectations of our users and customers in Switzerland. We offer an environment in which you can make a big difference and your successes are celebrated.For this position, we are looking for someone willing to relocate to, or already living in Switzerland.