BI Team Lead / Senior BI Developer
Posted: 13 Jul 2022
As the BI Team Lead you will be responsible for the team building our business reporting and insights capabilities, including defining and implementing requirements for our group-wide data platform. You will take responsibility for the roll-out and adoption of the platform and ensure that the various stakeholders get value from it - we don't want to build something that nobody uses (even if it's based on the coolest tech stack around).You will work closely with data producers, owners and users across various domains. This means not only taking requirements but understanding their needs (and questioning the expected value when needed) and engaging in discussions to map the real world as closely as possible in our data models (which is not always a given). Overall, you will help build our business insights capabilities, including defining and implementing requirements for our group-wide data platform.Tasks and Responsibilities:Responsible for the Automotive BI platform, modeling of data therein and its adoption within the teams. Building a platform that other data domains can use to connect their data sources, model and report on their most important metrics.
- Develop logical data models
- Develop intuitive dashboards that help the teams to make business decisions (and don't just look nice)
- Establish frameworks and processes to ensure data quality and its integrity
- Develop integration processes with different external platforms to extract data efficiently and accurately
- Ensure optimal end-user experience (e.g. query optimisation)
- Provide direction for complex projects, mentor team members and if needed, hire new team members
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or equivalent
- You bring with you a broad history of best practices from your past roles as a Senior BI Developer/BI Team Lead
- Strong understanding of database and data model concepts
- Strong understanding of the ogle BigQuery database architecture
- Strong analytical skills and advanced kledge of SQL
- Data auditing skills to verify data integrity, understand discrepancies and resolve them effectively
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Familiarity with analytical/reporting solutions like (ideally) Looker, Tableau, PowerBI is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices and automation of documentation, testing, build, deployment, configuration, and monitoring
Nice to have:
- Master's degree in a related technical field
- Hands-on experience building data pipelines using Fivetran, BigQuery, dbt, etc.
- Kledge of cloud solutions, Microservices, with specific expertise in the implementation of data warehouses, data marts, etc.
- Understanding of ETL best practices, scalability, complex process management
- Industry experience in online marketplaces and/or digital businesses
Are you interested?Do not hesitate to apply!