Retail & Staffing Manager (German speaking)
Posted: 13 Oct 2022
This role is responsible for Swiss retail & staffing projects. Working with at least one of our clients key customers, the Retail & Staffing Manager is accountable for ensuring that large scale staffing projects are delivered on time, to budget, and that teams in the field are inspired and performance managed to deliver stretching performance KPI’s.
This role involves managing multiple stakeholders, both in their customer’s business, but also in the accounts and locations where their field teams are deployed, and with their international agencies & staffing partners.
The field teams work across Switzerland in a variety of large key account and independent stores, so this role has a crucial role to play in ensuring their teams build great relationships alongside great compliance, leading those relationships with senior leaders, and delivering commercial return on investment. Above all else, the Retail & Staffing Manager must inspire and lead large teams to ensure great standards and great performance.
The key accountabilities will include but not limited to
Great Service Drives Sales
- Ownership of the customer relationship for the whole project cycle, ensuring you and your team deliver ‘five-star’ service at all times.
- Delivery of large scale and complex staffing projects, both ‘tactical’ and ‘ongoing’ in nature, ensuring that the right number of high quality and performance-driven staff are recruited, trained, deployed, and managed in their field roles to drive customer acquisition numbers to target levels.
- Lead performance management and recruitment management of teams to ensure excellence of delivery; lead from the front in the delivery of key KPI’s
- Develop deep, effective relationships with your customers to become a trusted partner
Be The Expert In Our Field
- Demonstrate an expert kledge of field marketing and promotional staffing practices, including but not limited to best practise in training large scale field teams, recruitment tactics and processes, sales driving / performance management and customer engagement and relationship building
- Demonstrate a sound kledge of operating in third party retail environments
- Constantly seek to innovate processes and approaches to large scale staffing activities that seek to improve performance, reduce complexity, and increase ROI
- Spend time in the field with your team, learning from staffing activities and innovating from within
Treat Every Pound As Your Own
- Manage the financial performance of your projects, ensuring target revenue and profit is delivered and that you’re controlling costs effectively
- Constantly seek new opportunities with your customer to expand scope / work / revenue
- Lead your team to deliver excellent compliance metrics, such as shift completion and time to recruit, to drive maximum revenue and lowest costs
Our People At Our Heart
- Line manage your team effectively, demonstrating leadership in line with our values and fostering a loyal and high-performing team
- Act as a visible and inspirational leader for large, national field staffing teams, delivering engagement and communications strategies that build loyalty and performance
- You’ll be an experienced field staffing manager already operating at a senior level, with extensive experience managing promotional and/or field marketing teams
- This is a strategic role which will require you to be hands-on at times and will require frequent travel across Zurich, regular travel across Switzerland and occasional international travel
- You’ll be an experienced and inspirational leader
- You’ll have extensive expertise and interest in the staffing and talent lifespan, from advertisement and recruitment through to performance management and retention, able to teach them new and innovative ways of doing things that improve their performance
- You’ll be an energetic and personable leader, who enjoys managing “from the front” and able to inspire and manage teams to deliver stretching KPI’s.
- You’ll be highly analytical, able to review large data sets quickly and derive meaningful actions the improve performance
- Experience operating in third party retail spaces is advantageous
- Experience working with 3rd party agency partners is advantageous
- You must be fluent in German and English
Does this sound like you? I am looking forward to receiving your application.