SENIOR SALES & ACCOUNT MANAGER - VACCINES (AREA: ROW)
Updated: 17 Nov 2022
Offered by:Bavarian Nordic GmbH
Boost our teamThis position is located at our Zug (CH) office. We are a lean but dedicated unit within Bavarian Nordics growing commercial organization that ensures access to as well as the success of our products in ROW markets – either via our own sales units or via carefully selected partners. After building a strong sales network, it is continuously extended and reshaped.Reporting directly into the Senior Director Commercial ROW, you will be part of a commercial organization of more than 60 people. We are situated across all Bavarian Nordic sites in Switzerland, Denmark, Germany as well as the USA. Collaborating closely with experts from departments such as Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Finance, Legal or Supply Chain, we all strive to bring innovative solutions to both our customers and patients. Our goal is to demonstrate sustainable and profitable growth and expand our commercial portfolio.In this position, you will be part of a global and fully integrated vaccine company committed to improving and saving lives through innovative vaccines.This is how you impact the people we are here to serveOur vaccines make a real difference to people, and no matter your role we all contribute to protecting lives every day. This is how your work matters:
- Perform strategic market analyses and devise specific action plans (including brand plans) as well as a concise reporting structure
- Define business models and collaborate with commercial partners or distributors in approximately 20 different geographical markets
- Ensure sales growth strategies implementation and accelerate market share expansion by driving key processes, projects, and tasks at business area levels with the local country partners or other stakeholders.
- Strategic support to internal stakeholders e.g. Sr. Director ROW, the wider Commercial Leadership Team or the Executive Management Team.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration with different teams in the organisation such as Supply Chain, Finance, Tenders and Pricing, etc.
- Lead the regional demand monthly demand review process to secure timely availability of vaccines to customers
- Conduct Business Review and Performance Management meetings, including market analysis, budgeting, and portfolio review.
Are you our next pioneer?Succeeding with our vision of becoming one of the largest pure play vaccine companies in the world is no walk in the park, and that is why we need people like you who are determined to make it happen and have the following qualifications:
- Advanced academic degree in business/sales or in life sciences
- Extended work experience within sales/commercial within the pharma/ biotech industry, preferred related to vaccines
- Highly developed ability to analyse and differentiate large volumes of complex data and devise actionable initiatives
- Strong communication skills and ability to present findings to target audience ranging from C-level management to various expert functions
- Proficiency in English, additional language skills are advantageous
Who are you?You have a strong business understanding with a high level of execution focus, ranging from strategic to at times operational level. You have a strong commercial toolbox and are proactive. You have the seniority to make decisions and make sure they are executed. There are different suitable backgrounds for this position - either previously having worked in Management Consulting, preferably towards the life science industry, or also coming from a big pharma company. It is beneficial if you flourish in an agile environment and can adapt to shifting priorities – all while keeping the bigger picture in mind.For us, it is all about improving and saving livesImproving and saving lives through innovative vaccines is at the heart of what we do in Bavarian Nordic. We are a fully integrated vaccines company focused on the development, manufacturing and commercialization of life-saving vaccines, and our vision is to become one of the largest pure play vaccine companies in the world.In Bavarian Nordic, we believe in the power of the team, and you will be part of a global team of more than 850 dedicated people with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints who are bound together by our commitment to protect lives every day. We believe in creating an inclusive and flexible workplace with a strong focus on personal and professional development, because we need each other to take things further.We operate in a world in constant flux and always explore new opportunities. So, if you are open-minded and have the willpower to succeed, we might just be a perfect fit.Could this be your next career step?…Ready? Set? !We are interviewing on an ongoing basis and look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. We cannot wait to get to k you better!