Senior Manufacturing Specialist
Posted: 13 Feb 2024
For our client, an international company in Solothurn, we are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Scientist
- Start date: ASAP
- End: 31.01.2025
- Extension: possible
- Workload: 100%
The Process Expert II will be responsible for technical and scientific support to manufacturing (MFG) shopfloor and will manage timely completion of MFG activities (compliance, TT, campaign preparation, troubleshooting…). Coaching of MAs regarding main area of expertise and side processes is a focus area. The Process Expert II will be responsible for overseeing and managing intra, cross-site, and cross-functional projects related to process and productivity improvements. The main responsibility is within management of recipe driven operations, process equipment, deviation management, changeover, tech transfer, projects (change control and CI) and direct process support as applicable. The position requires strong manufacturing/technical process kledge and/or strong kledge of scientific principles as well as analytical skills to troubleshoot process issues and perform investigations. Responsibility is typically within the individual's business unit, but usually spans across business units. Leads or directs operational initiatives and projects with minimal supervision.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert on manufacturing equipment and processes. Participates in Tech transfer activities as needed. Authors related technical instructions and records, including RG/RT, procedures, work instructions, and forms.
- Partner with direct manager to assign appropriate resources to tech transfers, drive continuous improvement, ensure manufacturing instructions are clear, safe, and compliant. The incumbent can be both a people manager (Effectively lead and coach direct reports to meet career goals and business objectives. Addresses human resource development opportunities and challenges) as well as individual contributor with respect to technical instruction management for specific portions of a manufacturing process.
- Initiates, owns, and manages Manufacturing focused Change Controls, CAPAs, and Planned Exceptions. Supports in generating area assessments and performs root cause investigations in DEV/AA/RAR reports in Trackwise
- Utilizes depth of experience and kn precedent to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve moderately complex technical and operational problems that arise.
- Creates projects as needed to establish new manufacturing techniques to resolve day to day issues with management guidance and cross-functional buy-in.
- Proactively identifies continuous improvement opportunities, shares kledge cross functionally, and drives site and/or global implementation. Serves as CI Practitioner role when required by cross-functional teams.
- High school diploma or equivalent as a minimum. Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred. Other combinations of education and experience can be considered
- 8-years of direct experience working in a GMP environment
- Kledge & Skills:1. High ability to interact with a cross-functional team effectively within organization.2. Very detail oriented with very excellent documentation skills.3. Coaching and Trainer skills for Manufacturing related activities4. Deputy function for MTO Manager role5. High kledge of business and manufacturing processes to support manufacturing operations.6. High kledge of Manufacturing Systems (DeltaV, Syncade, SIMCA, PI, Oracle, TrackWise, etc.)7. Very good understanding of the basic QA and cGMP principles8. Very good level of technical writing skills9. Very good skills in Microsoft Office