Cell Line Development Associate
Updated: 10 Aug 2022
Offered by:ExcellGene SA
ExcellGene is a privately owned contract research, development and manufacturing organization (CRDMO) based in Monthey, Switzerland. ExcellGene’s unique transient and stable protein expression technologies together with extensive kledge and experience in the biotech field cover broad value chain for its clients: from DNA construction and transfection to bioprocess development of scalable and GMP-compliant protein production processes. ExcellGene’s technology is one of the most advanced for rapid production of recombinant proteins and up to several grams of product delivered within weeks.In order to support our cell culture activities, ExcellGene is actively looking for a: Cell Line Development Associate This position is full-time, and to start on October 15th, 2022 for an initial 6-months period.
The Value You Deliver
- Plan and perform cell culture activities with suspension-adapted mammalian CHO cell lines for stable cell line generation and optimization:
- Seed maintenance and expansion
- Transfection for Transient Gene Expression and Stable Pool Generation
- Recombinant pool selection
- Single cell cloning
- Batch and fed-batch cultures in non-instrumented small-scale bioreactors
- Keep an up-to-date written and electronic record of executed laboratory work- Prepare project progress reports in form of PowerPoint presentation- Data analysis and formatting- Provide support to other team members if needed- This position is to report directly to Head of Cell Line Development
The Skills and Expertise You Have
- Master’s degree in biotechnology, cell biology, molecular biology or related discipline- 1-3 years of experience with mammalian cell culture- Fluency in English, oral French is plus- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture- Hands-on recombinant protein production in mammalian cells (transient and/or stable)- Proficiency of MS Office applications- Molecular biology skills desired, however not essential- Organizational skills- od communication skills- Generally independent, with ability to work in a team- Willingness to learn and grow professionallyThis position is open to either a young qualified (1-3 years) or a more experienced (3-5 years) cell biologist.We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package. We are an innovative, rapidly growing company that values integrity, impact and involvement and provides opportunity for growth.This opportunity is aimed equally at both women and men.