Application Engineer - Robotics and Autonomous Systems
Updated: 02 Feb 2024
Offered by:Speedgoat GmbH
Organization You are a member of the “Application Engineering”, part of the Customers department, and also closely collaborate with our Technologies and Marketing departments, with customers, and with partner companies. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creation of MATLAB® & Simulink® -based reference examples and video content outlining how Speedgoat solutions can be adopted to advance robotics and autonomous systems. Topics include:
- Building HIL-ready models of robotic and mechatronic systemswith accurate kinematics, dynamics, and suitable I/O connectivity
- Designing digital control systems including supervisory logic, motion control and planning, as well low-level controls for motor drives and energy management systems
- Emulation and deployment of camera-, radar- and lidar-based perception systems using Speedgoat SoC and FPGA low-latency platforms.
- Log and replay sensor data with tight control over timing and synchronization.
- Assist in pre-sales activities by creatingproof of concepts, running solution demonstrations, as well helping potential customers understand their real-time testing requirements.
- Improve integration of Speedgoat solutions with key third-party software commonly used in robotics and autonomous applications. This includes middleware such as DDS, ROS/ROS2, and Adaptive AUTOSAR, computer vision libraries like OpenCV, and simulation and visualization such as Gazebo or Unreal Engine.
- Work closely with MathWorks development teams to improve combined capabilities and workflows with Simulink Real-Time™, Robotics System Toolbox™, Simscape Multibody™, UAV Toolbox, Navigation Toolbox™, among others.
- Bachelor's degree in Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MATLAB and Simulink.
- In-depth kledge of robotics and autonomous systems, including control systems, kinematics, dynamics, and sensor integration.
- Familiarity with real-time testing hardware and equipment is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++ and Python is a valuable addition.
- Familiarity with ROS/ROS2, Linux-based systems, and other robotics-related middleware platforms.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and industry trends.
!This is your chance to contribute to complex engineering solutions in electrification, autonomous technologies, and automation.