Internship Light Sheet Microscopy for Organoid high throughput Phenotyping- Roche Institute for Tr
Updated: 06 May 2022
Offered by:F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Optics, hardware and software design
- Bioimaging analysis: Machine learning
- Developmental biology
- Organoid technology
- Biophysical mechanotransduction principles
Core tasks and responsibilities:
- Build of a Light Sheet Microscope within the ITB
- Integrate microscope software (uManager and napari)
- Design a mini-project to test the throughput imaging capabilities of organoids using the Light sheet microscope
- Assume responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of organoid imaging and phenotyping activities.
- Summarize batch or experimental results, and review conclusions with supervisor/project leader.Communicate results of experiments. Keep supervisor/project leader informed of work status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Participate in the design and organization of experiments in conjunction with the team. Providing input in writing experimental protocols, investigations and reports may be required.
Skills and capabilities:
- Master student in Engineering or Physics (Msc - PhD) in master thesis semester. Life sciences degree (Msc) would be considered only if the candidate has some experience in hardware or software integration,medium/strong physics background and/or computer science expertise (such as Machine learning)
- Experience with Python or Labview (or similar i.e. MatLab) would be highly beneficial.
- Experience with image analysis and machine learning algorithms is of advantage.
- Experience with cell culture is of advantage.
- Communication skills, ability to work collaboratively in an international team.
- Fluency in English is a must.
If you're interested, please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter stating your interest.Due to regulations, non-EU/EFTA citizens have to provide a certificate from the university confirming that the internship is a mandatory part of their studies and upload this certificate together with their application documents. Planned Start: July 2022Duration: Initially 6 months with the possibility of extension up to 12 months
Workload: 40 hours
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity. Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 10,700 employees from over 100 countries come together at our Basel/Kaiseraugst site, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more. Besides extensive development and training opportunities, we offer flexible working options, 18 weeks of maternity leave and 10 weeks of gender independent partnership leave. Our employees also benefit from multiple services on site such as child-care facilities, medical services, restaurants and cafeterias, as well as various employee events. We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion, and strive to identify and create opportunities that enable all people to bring their unique selves to Roche. Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.