Associate/Senior Data Scientist in Machine Learning
Posted: 01 Jul 2022
Associate/Senior Data Scientist in Machine Learning (Temporary Position, 2 years' contract) We're
currently looking for talented scientists with sound experience in Machine Learning (ML) techniques to join our client's Quantitative Pharmacology Advanced Data Analytics Group based at the Merck, EPFL campus, Lausanne, Switzerland. There is an opening for full-time, 2-year Data Scientist (from Associate to Senior depending on candidate level) in the application of Machine Learning (ML) / Deep Learning (DL), in Quantitative Pharmacology. Your Role:In this role, you will apply your practical experience in mining and analyzing various kind of data, your deep understanding of ML algorithms, and programming skills to solve challenging real-world problems at a large scale. You will apply AI/ML/ DL to enhance model-informed drug discovery and development. Projects may include, but are not limited to, the analysis and integration of translational, biomarker and clinical data into ML/DL-enabled disease progression models, use of ML to improve patient selection, exposure predictions, and trial designs.As highly motivated and intellectually curious scientist, you will work in a stimulating and engaging environment and have close interactions with cross-functional team experts in drug development
Who You are:
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or similar.
- Theoretical kledge and hands-on experience on state-of-the-art ML (supervised, unsupervised) and DL methods (RNN, CNN, ensemble methods, transformers)
- Profound proficiency in programming languages like Python or R and full familiarity with ML/DL frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, Keras) and visualization libraries (Matplotlib, Seaborn, Bokeh).
- Hands-on experience in data cleaning, preprocessing and exploration tasks prior to data design
- Background in mathematics and statistics would be an asset
- Industry experience would be an asset, particularly in Healthcare, Biotech or Biopharma R&D.
- Experience in PKPD mathematical modeling, particularly in Pharmacometrics, would be an asset.
- Previous experience in scientific project management is a plus.
- Fluent in English with good communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, be proactive and take ownership.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze complex problems