Category Executive (m/f/d)
Updated: 11 May 2022
Offered by:Dyson SA
About the roleThis role will report into the Senior Category Manager to create and deliver together the Swiss marketing strategy to sell our technology into businesses with a particular focus on supporting the sales and media team through marketing campaigns & content.The Category Executive will be responsible to support in all aspects of bringing exciting new products to the Swiss market – from supporting the development of the product communication, to briefing in-house creative teams and engaging with local market teams to activate the campaign bringing our innovation to life.The role requires an individual that is marketing minded. This role will have a particular focus on marketing for the category Floorcare and the community management. You must be confident in developing and maintaining strong working relationships both internally with the wider Dyson marketing, media and sales team but also with external partners.
- Product launches: Supporting the planning and execution of new product launches across both traditional and digital channels
- Supporting with delivery of the key marketing campaigns plan, budget management and implementation.
- Working with the EU creative team on artwork production and localisation of assets ensuring all items are on brand and comply with legal guidelines, whilst meeting the needs of relevant stakeholders (Retail, Direct, PR and Marketing)
- Crosschecking translations for different marketing activities
- Assist in the media planning with the external media agency
- Ensuring that each category is represented correctly on Dyson.ch and suggest updates where improvements can be made.
- Establish strong relationships with other European Commercial teams in order to identify common opportunities and/or challenges and close cooperation and exchange with the head office in the UK and other Dyson markets
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that they have the information they need to sell Dyson machines into third party retailers
- Preparation of presentation documents, correspondence and analysis
- Be able to analyze financials and GFK data to present business risk and opportunities
- General support for the full breadth of Dyson’s marketing activity in Switzerland
- Develop the community strategy for all categories and drive owner strategy to add value and to leverage the potential to accelerate the business together with the Owner Experience Manager
- 1.5+ years of experience as Junior Brand Manager, Category or Product Manager role in an international, fast paced environment.
- Ideally educated to degree level and with some previous marketing experience
- You are a natural problem solver, have strong organizational skills and a hands-on mentality. You are target-oriented and proactive
- od understanding of social media
- You are fluent in German and able to communicate in English and possibly French – both written and orally
- Demonstrate a passion for Dyson and its products; as well as the drive to understand the technical details of the products
- An engaged, creative, quick thinking and alert person with the potential to generate and stimulate ideas and opportunities
- Team player who is passionate, flexible and willing to go beyond job description
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration with a focus on project management, strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- communication skills (written and oral)
- Proven ability to juggle a large workload, set appropriate priorities and someone who is focused on delivering to plan
- Ability to build relationships across functions and with multiple stakeholders
- Kledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Agile working
- a very motivated team and positive working environment
- modern office space in Sihlcity
- company pension scheme
- company bonus scheme OR performance related bonus
- Relaxed dress-code
- Discount on Dyson machines and Corporate Benefits
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Internal training opportunities
- Regular employee events such as Christmas parties, summer party, etc.
Working at Dyson:Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We k that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.Application:Due to the GDPR (data protection regulation) we do not except any applications that reach us by e-mail or post. All applications must therefore be submitted via our careers page. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].We look forward to receiving your application documents stating your salary expectations and availability!