Solution Architect Optical Systems (m/f/d)
Posted: 19 Oct 2022
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
The Thales Group employs over 83,000 people worldwide, 500 of them in Switzerland. Thales' roots in Switzerland date back to the mid-19th century. Since that time, we have become an authoritative and trend-setting provider of high-tech solutions, key technologies, systems and services in the fields of Transportation Security, Defense & Security, Satellite & Space Technology and Digital Identity & Security. Thales Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 75 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating Thales Alenia Space, Thales Alenia Space Switzerland has over 20 years of experience in the development and construction of opto-electronic systems for space and has established itself as a leading supplier of small and high-performance opto-electronic observation and communication systems for the European and global space industry.
For our space business at our location in Zürich we are looking for an experienced Solution Architect Optical Systems.
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
Lead the solution architecture definition for optical and electro-optical systems and maintain the solution throughout the product life cycles, perform requirements and verification management in collaboration with Solution Engineering Manager and IVVQ Manager.
It also involves the following tasks:
- Lead the architecture and requirements definition and analysis of customer and stakeholder requirements
- Define the development and verification logic
- Definition of interfaces and requirements for external partners
- Definition of product architecture for reflective and refractive optics and related development approach
- Definition, analysis, and trade-off of system concepts in multi-disciplinary teams
- Failure mode analysis for optics products setting up / flow-down budgets (mass, volume, power, pointing accuracy, WFE, reliability, etc.)
- Risk management
- Establishing key project documentation (e.g. development plans, design description and justification reports, interface control documents)
- Verification control throughout the project life cycle
- Documentation of the activities and results of the system configuration and Support Action Item management
- A degree in electrical engineering focusing on optical systems would be a benefit
- Professional system engineering/architecture background within the space or aviation domain
- Long-term experience in (refractive and reflective) optics development and simulation is mandatory
- Kledge of mechatronics and/or electro-optical hardware development is an advantage
- Pronounced self-motivation and commitment in connection with a strong sense of responsibility and reliability
- Profound ability to represent and lead engineering activities and team
- Very good communication skills and proven experience in working in an international environment
- If this position interest you, I`m looking forward to receiving your applications