MSSQL and Sybase DBA
Updated: 23 Apr 2022
Offered by:Cognizant Technology Solutions AG
MSSQL and Sybase DBALocation: Zurich, SwitzerlandType: permanentDomain: Banking and financial servicesA MSSQL and Sybase DBA (or database administrator) is responsible for MSSQL and Sybase DB infrastructure life cycle management, mainly decommission and patching. The role is accountable to collaborate with aligned functional technical teams to resolve issues for delivery of activities within agreed SLA.Key Responsibilities:
- Software, Databases : installation, Maintenance and decommission.
- Manage, decom MSSQL and Sybase Server databases
- Troubleshooting: Analyze, solve and correct issues arising during process.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes;
- Identify automation opportunities to reduce human error and enhance operations delivery.
- Take end to end responsibility of decom activities, understanding dependencies like replications, mirroring, jobs.
- Resolve issues including but not limited to DSI down issue, replication definition, subscription, replication queue space management.
Required skills and experience:
- Desirable a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Mssql and Sybase database administration, database infrastructure life cycle management, provisioning, decommissioning & patching.
- Windows server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
- Sybase ASE 12, 15, 16. Sybase IQ 15, 16.
- Experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL and Sybase Server(SRDF, Linux VCS clustering). With Unix and Windows server, including Active Directory, LDAP.
- Sound understanding of database architecture, networking, storage in relation with database administration.
- It is expected that the candidate possess industry certifications such as the Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, Sybase Certified Associate/Expert among others.
- Kledge of Sybase replication and IQ servers.
- Experience on working on Windows and Linux servers.
- Well versed with ITIL processes.
- Storage management techniques;
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects;
- Process enhancement;
- Analytical skills (Log analysis);
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines;
- Experience using Service Management Tools (e.g. Service);
- Fluent English language.
Nice to have:
- Programming and coding - scripting languages (e.g. vbs / PowerShell);
- German kledge is an additional advantage.
- Desirable ITIL V3 certification or equivalent;
- Are you interested to be part of this project? Then please share your CV in English.
Who we are?Cognizant (CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our industry-based, consultative approach helps many of the best-kn organizations in every industry and geography envision, build and run more innovative, efficient businesses.We engineer modern businesses to improve everyday life.