Head of Data Engineering
Posted: 05 Jun 2022
As the Head of Data Engineering in the Real Estate vertical division, you will help us build the data hub for Switzerland's leading real estate platforms, which include homegate.ch and immoscout24.ch. You will be part of a cross-functional, agile data team with an open mindset and team mates who enjoy learning new skills and sharing theirs.
About the position
- You will lead the Real Estate vertical data infrastructure team, empowering and coaching a high-calibre team of data engineers while developing the data platform hands-on in collaboration.
- You will define the long-term vision for the data infrastructure, developing a roadmap to ensure that you and the team are working on the highest-priority projects and delivering business impact.
- You will carry the responsibility that the data foundation is performance and scales with business needs, relying on the definition of KPIs to measure our data platform's success.
- You will lead decisions around the design and development of the data integration pipelines for the collection, storage, and transformation of our data assets in the data lake, building upon our data technology stack (AWS, BigQuery, Sflake, Airflow).
- You will build relationships with engineering teams, product managers, data scientists, and business and digital analysts to assess the data needs from production to consumption and guide the roadmap.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience, in data field or similar quantitative roles with strong track record of technical competency
- 1+ year of management experience, ideally with a data engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Design Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience in cloud data infrastructure related to data ingestion, data processing, cloud data warehouse, data monitoring, data orchestration, data modeling
- Experience in modern cloud data warehouses like Azure Synapse, Amazon Redshift, ogle Big Query, Sflake etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven record of accomplishment in gathering and documenting comprehensive requirements
- Ideally experience in setting up data mesh architecture, data contracts and data catalogs
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Flexible working hours and a culture of trust
- Remote working with the possibility to work in our offices with your peers when you choose
- Regular hackathons; explore, collaborate, and ideate on the things you think matter
- Team-building activities, budget to spend time and build chemistry and trust with your team in a non-work setting or set up off-site working days to kickstart a new challenge in the most optimal way
- Great office facilities with opportunities for plenty of social interactions, After-Work-Apéros, and regular company-wide events
For this position, we are looking for someone willing to relocate to, or already living in Switzerland and have a valid work permit. Work location can be Flamatt (near Berne), Zurich or your own home office.
Are you interested?
Do not hesitate to apply!