Posted: 27 May 2022
As a Data Engineer at the Real Estate vertical, you will help us build the data hub for the leading real estate platforms in Switzerland. You will be part of a cross-functional, agile data team with an open mindset and team mates who enjoy learning new skills and sharing theirs.
The work location is up to you: Home-office (only in Switzerland), Zürich or Bern
What we are looking for
- Hands-on experience with data backends, proven record of deploying data pipelines
- Kledge about data lineage, data transformation, data modeling, data storage, data access and data quality assessment techniques
- Experience working with high volume heterogeneous data
- Ideally, experience in setting up data contracts and data catalogs in exchange with stakeholders
- 3+ years of development experience, ideally in Python
- Hands-on kledge of ELT and tooling (i.e. dbt, Airflow, Luigi, Prefect)
- Experience in modern cloud data warehouses like Sflake, Azure Synapse, Amazon Redshift, ogle Big Query, etc.
- Fluency in English
About the position
- You will design and develop the data integration pipelines for the collection, storage and transformation of our data assets in the data lake, building upon our data technology stack (AWS, Sflake, Airflow)
- You will ensure reliable operation and maintenance of the data infrastructure including orchestration of the cloud infrastructure, documentation, checks on data quality and operational efficiency
- You will set up ingestion frameworks and data contracts with stakeholders that own data-producing systems, such as software engineering teams
- You will maintain a data catalog to enable data-consuming stakeholders to discover, understand, trust and access our data assets
- You will contribute to building and improving data products (transformations, dashboards, logical data warehouse models etc.)
- You will help building the data platform of the future
- Flexible working hours and a culture of trust
- Remote working with the possibility to work in our offices with your peers when you choose
- Regular hackathons; explore, collaborate, and ideate on the things you think matter
- Team-building activities, budget to spend time and build chemistry and trust with your team in a non-work setting or set up off-site working days to kickstart a new challenge in the most optimal way
- Great office facilities with opportunities for plenty of social interactions, After-Work-Apéros, and regular company-wide events
Are you interested in a career with us?
The client is a pioneering network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with ground-breaking products. We are looking for digital talent to meet the highest expectations of our users and customers in Switzerland. We offer an environment in which you can make a big difference and your successes are celebrated.
For this position, we are looking for someone willing to relocate to, or already living in Switzerland