Updated: 28 Dec 2023
- Develop, implement and maintain EHS programs, procedures, and policies to ensure compliance with local, federal and company’s regulations.
- Conduct regular inspections, risk assessments, identify potential hazards in the workplace, define and implement recommendations for mitigation measures.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to management and employees on EHS matters.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish and maintain a safe work environment, fostering a culture of safety throughout the organization and to drive continuous improvement initiatives related to EHS performance.
- Deliver comprehensive training programs to enhance employee awareness and understanding of EHS procedures, hazards, and best practices.
- Conduct incident and accident investigations, identify root causes, and develop corrective action plans to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor and analyse EHS performance metrics, prepare reports, and present findings to management.
- Stay up to date with relevant EHS regulations and industry standards and ensure timely compliance with any changes.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to EHS activities, including incident reports, training records, and permits.
- Implement the emergency response plans and conduct drills to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Participate in Abbott’s regional, global and divisional EHS meetings and engage with regulatory agencies, as necessary.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in EHS roles, preferably within similar industries or fields.
- Need to be based in Zurich.
- In-depth kledge of local and federal EHS regulations and standards.
- Excellent communication and people skills to effectively train employees and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and mindfulness for maintaining accurate EHS records.
- Proficient in using MS Office and systems for data management and reporting.
- Certified Safety Professional or equivalent certification is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Speak and write fluently German and English.
Working at Abbott At Abbott, you can do work that matters and help people to live a healthier and fuller life, grow your career, and learn, be your true self. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow
- A workplace in a fortune 500 company and the world’s leading manufacturer of medical devices
- A challenging position in a crisis independent industry
- To become part of a dynamic, highly educated, highly skilled, and motivated team
- Multi-national environment, where we foster the development of our talents within the enterprise
- Competitive compensations and benefits
- A workplace in the heart of Zurich
We are looking for highly motivated person who would like to be part of our passionate team with broad responsibilities. Do you have what it takes? Then send us your application including motivation letter, curriculum vitae, letter of recommendation and diplomas today. We are looking forward to meeting you in the heart of Zurich! Discover why candidates choose a career at Abbott Switzerland.