Head of Regulatory Affairs
Updated: 29 Apr 2022
Offered by:RepRisk AG
Company DescriptionAbout Us RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?We Offer
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Job DescriptionAbout YouAre you looking to combine your assertiveness, strong drive, and can-do attitude with a meaningful job in a growing market? Do you want to work at a company where your contribution has a real, measurable impact – and you are rewarded for it? Do you love to connect with people in a professional environment? Are you a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, always going the extra mile with passion? Do you undertake your work with a high attention to detail? Do you have a strong interest in ESG?If your answers are YES - this might be the perfect role for you!Your ResponsibilitiesRepRisk has identified the need to build up a Regulatory Affairs function. The goal is to have RepRisk participate in, navigate, and help steer, key regulatory developments around ESG in its core markets such as the US and the EU (as a starting point, other markets thereafter). As a pioneer and leader in ESG data science, RepRisk has deep domain expertise and a 15+ years’ track record in ESG risk management, RepRisk has a great deal to contribute to regulatory discussions. Through this function, RepRisk can also be better placed to adapt to changes in the regulatory environment and build better products and intelligence to address the wide variety of regulations / regulatory risks & opportunities. In this role you will:
- Define a regulatory affairs strategy for RepRisk, and articulate a business plan, including priorities for the first 100 days and the first 12 months.
- Implement the strategy by working collaboratively with government bodies, regulators, local communities, and as needed, nongovernmental organizations.
- Participate in working groups and committees with industry peers and public sector representatives.
- Respond to consultation papers from relevant regulatory bodies.
- Serve as internal and external expert on ESG-related regulations. As part of this, responsibility to refine and maintain the existing suite of in-house regulatory intelligence.
- Train business and management teams on regulatory developments that may impact the company and its clients.
- Serve as a partner to the business and to the management team to flag potential risks as well as identify proactive policy changes that can be promoted externally.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, ideally Master’s
- Strong network in the regulatory world of the EU (UK also a plus)
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, with at least 5 in a regulatory affairs/governmental affairs/public policy position
- Strategic thinker, ability to be a “one-man/woman”-show
- Fluent in English; German or French would be a big plus, other languages also a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Additional InformationPlease note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit