CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER / COO
Updated: 08 Jun 2022
Offered by:MediCrops Holding AG
Purpose of the Job
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) / Director of Manufacturing is responsible for management day-to-day activities and operation of the business. The COO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The person for this position requires outstanding managerial, communication and negotiation skills, as well as good time management proficiency.
- Proactive, result-oriented and team-building with a strong track record in project management, and with the ability to frame decisions through critical thinking and strategic recommendations.
- The COO participates in the recruitment, hiring, and training of manufacturing employees. Oversees schedules and assignments for the division. Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive. Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Cross-functional, strategic leadership for the operation of key business functions, including Business Planning, Manufacturing & Supply Chain, Quality & Regulatory Affairs, Customer Services, Process Improvement & Operational Excellence, Compliance, IT Systems, HR & Associated HSE
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to the team, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Establish effective decision-making processes that will enable the organization to timely achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives.
- Determine the strategic direction for operations through the development and regular monitoring of a strategic plan; translate strategy into operational plans.
- Ensure that the business operates at the strategically accepted revenue growth and profitability level according to business plan.
- Set and assign operational goals for all departments from time to time to realize the annual targets and reward each department as a team after the targets are achieved.
- Ensure that a proper organizational structure is in place for operations, management and finance as laid out in the approved Business Plan/Strategy.
- Be aware of market trends regarding competition, products and customer requirements and act as required.
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer, manage and oversee all financial and business planning activities.
- Support and advise the CEO in decision making.
- Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives
- Delegate responsibilities to the best employees to perform them while enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved
- Minimum master’s degree in science or Engineering.
- PhD in Medicine, Pharmacy or Life Sciences is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of managerial experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Excellent in organizational management with the ability to coach senior-level staff, to manage and develop high-performance teams.
- Analytical and decision making with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Action-oriented, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
- Passion, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Excellent oral and written English and French communication skills.
Job TitleCHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICERSiteVD, Y Parc Production and Manufacturing SiteReports toCEOEmployee StatusFull Time Permanent, Start : 2023 At MediCrops Biomedical Technologies AG we relate our success directly to the strength of our management team. To continue operating at our high standards, we’re seeking an experienced general manager to join us. As an ideal candidate, you’ll be a born leader with previous managerial experience. You’ll have proven experience overseeing operations, and potentially human resources, finance, and communications departments, too. You’re an expert communicator with a strong ability to delegate responsibilities and collaborate across a wide range of departments. Ultimately, you’re driven by the desire to lead a team toward maximum productivity and efficiency.