Quality Control Site Head (m/w/d)
Updated: 29 Jan 2024
The role entitles an End to End responsibility for a compliant and efficient Quality Control (= QC) testing in a timely manner (e.g. incoming materials, intermediates/IPC, finished products, monitoring [Microbiology]).He/she will develop, implement and oversee QC strategy and activities of dsm-firmenich Sisseln. He/she will establish startegic goals and objectives and maintain full strategic responsibility for QC for the site.He/she will oversee generation, review and compliance of QC procedures with relevant food/feed/pharma quality standards and regulations. He/she will monitor and ensure performance and delivery of results for QC.He/she is also the Guarantor for operational excellence (Continous improvement, projects).At dsm-firmenich people are at the heart of the company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and value diversity in the workplace. Key responsibilitiesLeadership and people management:
- Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term.
- Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunitie
- As a leader within Quality Leadership Team (SQ-LT), drive department/site activities and alignment, cross-functional planning, and decision making
- Lead and coach direct reports to motivate them for top efficiency (inspirational leadership)
- Accountable for budget and financial performance of the Quality Control function (incl. contractor management).
- Engage in proactive measures to promote a positive safety / SHE culture while ensuring all applicable Safety, Health and Environment requirements are fulfilled in alignment with dsm-firmenich policy and local legal requirements
- Embody DICI principles and methods while fostering a continuous improvement mindset throughout the organization by encouraging experimentation and learning.
Technical and functional:
- Establish, modify, implement, and enforce Quality Control procedures, specifications and testing methods consistent with cGMP, Feed/Feed regulations, standards objectives and procedures.
- Direct QC staff in the timely completion of testing (e.g. release and stability testing, raw materials, Microbiology (MiBi), in process samples, direct materials, environmental monitoring, process and cleaning validation).
- Ensure QC staff are supported with appropriate technical guidance on test methods and relevant procedures
- Ensure timely generation and reporting of test results in support of manufacturing operations (e.g., IPC/ hold testing).
- Ensure that data, documentation, and laboratory processes are in a constant state of regulatory compliance and inspection readiness.
- Direct QC Staff in the timely resolution of issues, including discrepancies, investigations and implementation of CAPA (corrective actions preventive actions)
- Escalate any potential quality issues revealed during QC testing or processing of products, especially quality or regulatory issues with the potential to affect product quality or regulatory compliance.
- Support regulatory inspections and customer/certification audits, approvals of protocols and reports of third party QC laboratories
- Ensures an effective project management delivering key deliverables OTIF
- An open, trusted and flexible work environment that empowers people to take accountability for their work and own the outcome;
- A space to grow by encouraging and supporting curiosity and an open mindset;
- A culture that prioritizes safety and well-being, both physically and mentally;
- Barrier-free communities within our organization where every employee is equally valued and respected – regardless of their background, beliefs, or identity;
- A firm belief that working together with our stakeholders and suppliers is the key to achieving great things;
- An eagerness to be one team and learn from each other to bring progress to life and create a better future.
- PhD in chemistry, analytical chemistry, pharmacy or comparable preferred
- Solid experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry (Quality control, quality, analytical sciences, pharmaceutical development, manufacturing, or process development)
- Expert kledge of laboratory safety procedure, of Quality System principles, practices and standards for the pharmaceutical industry
- Convincing leadership style to foster quality thinking on the site
- od command of local language and English
The application processInterested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading your resume in English via our internal career portal.For further information about the process, please contact Pauline Tschirhart: [email protected] dsm-firmenich is fully dedicated to inclusion because when people feel engaged and empowered, their creativity and innovation drives unprecedented progress. We aim to build a workplace where opportunity really is equal, so everyone can thrive. We do not discriminate: there’s a place for everyone at dsm-firmenich.
dsm-firmenich is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. dsm-firmenich people are as diverse as our customers. For us that includes a commitment to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We are committed to providing reasonable support for disabled applicants in our recruiting process. Should you need assistance, and are comfortable to share this, please let us k.As innovators in nutrition, health, and beauty, dsm-firmenich reinvents, manufactures, and combines vital nutrients, flavors, and fragrances for the world’s growing population to thrive. With our comprehensive range of solutions, with natural and renewable ingredients and rened science and technology capabilities, we work to create what is essential for life, desirable for consumers, and more sustainable for the planet. dsm-firmenich is a Swiss-Dutch company, listed on the Euronext Amsterdam, with operations in almost 60 countries and revenues of more than €12 billion. With a diverse, worldwide team of nearly 30,000 employees, we bring progress to life™ every day, everywhere, for billions of people.