Expert Technical Assistant DARPin Production (100%)
Updated: 02 Feb 2024
Offered by:Molecular Partners
As an addition to our skilled Lead Generation team, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Technical Assistant. This role will support the Lead Generation team on the in house protein production. This challenging and diverse position will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Expression of proteins in E. coli and purification of proteins at different scales by use of the AEKTA systems;
- Characterization of proteins with a broad range of biophysical methods (ELISA, SDS-Page, UV-spectroscopy, size exclusion chromatograph);
- Optimization of methods and protocols;
- Operation, administration, and maintenance of laboratory equipment, as well as planning and organization of the laboratory’s day-to-day life, including inventory and consumption material and database work;
- Data processing and interpretation as well as documentation of research findings;
- Scientific discussion and presentation of results within team.
This position summary is not intended to be all inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. For this position, we are looking for an enthusiastic and highly skilled individual who features the following credentials:
- Completed apprenticeship as a laboratory technician in chemistry, biology or related field;
- Hands-on experience with production, purification and characterization of proteins.
- Hands-on experience with the standard methods of molecular biology.
- Experience in protein purification by AEKTA systems;
- Solid background in Data Analysis, processing and documentation;
- Experience with standard biochemical assays (ELISA, SDS-Page, UV-spectroscopy, size exclusion chromatograph);
- Curious personality with excellent communication and presentation skills and team spirit, with a can-do attitude and excellent quality awareness;
- Proficiency in English, German is an asset.
Partnership and collaboration are at the core of our company, our research activities, and our product candidates. Molecular Partners offers an international working environment and the opportunity to collaborate with outstanding individuals from numerous disciplines, who contribute to our shared goals of scientific excellence, respectful teamwork, and personal aspiration.We foster true innovation and creative thinking to advance our therapeutic product candidates and continue to be inspired by the difference we can make for our patients. At Molecular Partners you will discover a challenging job, inspiring colleagues, and a true purpose. If you are interested in working at Molecular Partners, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your detailed curriculum vitae via our career portal.We only accept online applications. Please note Molecular Partners AG operates a list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed agreement in place with Molecular Partners AG, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Molecular Partners AG (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or related companies) are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.