Data Engineer (Azure-Stack)
Posted: 01 Jun 2022
Are you ready for a new challenge? Are you a pro-active Data Engineer? Then this role is for you!In this interesting role as an Data Engineer you are working for a global FMCG company that acts as a local Swiss company.
- Start: Asap
- Location: Luzern + Remote (only based in Switzerland)
- Type of employment: permanent
Description of the role:As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for the further development and maintenance of the Data & Analytics platform and the data pipeline of our applications. Every day you will focus on the smooth running and further automation of data operations, defining, developing and maintaining data models and the data warehouse. With your hands-on experience and expertise, you are the right person to work with the business analysts to further expand the data-driven culture in the organization. You will report directly to the Manager Digital & Technology.The company is undergoing a profound transformation in which they are becoming a data-driven company. Your expertise, experience in dealing with complexity and solution orientation make you the ideal person to help shape this data-driven future. Your profile:
- In-depth kledge of the Azure stack and Power BI.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar role as a Data Engineer where you have gained experience with complex data model, tools and components within the Azure stack
- Hands-on experience with solution architecture for data & analytics solutions (data warehouse, datalake, ...)
- Strong personality, not afraid to challenge the manager’s decisions.
- Conceptual thinker, not a quick fixer
- Solution-oriented, analytical, proactive, independent, communicative
- Languages: English (fluent) and German (preferred B1 level or at least willing to learn)
- Completed studies (e.g. university of applied sciences), preferably in computer science or similar
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Definition of data architecture
- Development and maintenance of data platform, data model and data streams
- Continuous improvement of data delivery, availability and performance
- Define and implement the Analytics & Reporting roadmap in close collaboration with business analysts and the global headquarters
- Provide functional and proactive support to end users, build a community-of-practice
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and translate their requirements into future-proof, secure and value-added data solutions
Are you interested in this challenging opportunity?Do not hesitate to apply!