Head of Supply Chain Management
Updated: 10 Aug 2022
Offered by:Swissels Engineering & Life Science Services
Head of Supply Chain Management Manage all aspects of Supply Chain management including Purchasing, Procurement, Warehouse and Sales desk to ensure excellent customer service and smooth running of all aspects of supply chain. Work closely with the Head of Manufacturing to ensure we maximise the parts availability as well as tight cost control and other Key Performance Indicators
- Manage the purchasing function setting up supplier and managing these suppliers
- Set targets for improvement and monitor these targets using a number of Kpi's including cost reductions, payment terms etc….
- Where possible use Continental corporate suppliers but where necessary setup agreements with alternative suppliers and Distributors.
- Negotiate and agree purchasing agreements with 3rd party companies for products and services that compliment our range of parts we sell to the UK market.
- Storage of materials is maintained to ensure stock accuracy and manage annual and rolling stock counts
- ods receipt and expedite of customers goods to ensure efficiency
- Ensure that health and safety measures are being taken and worked to and risk assessments are being reviewed
- Monitor spares stock ensuring we meet stock availability targets
- Manage the relationship with our logistics partners ensuring we meet customer delivery requirements
- Lead your sales desk to ensure all calls are answered in a timely manner and that all tickets are responded to within the defined time.
- Monitor the performance of the sales desk and record this with Kpi's and take action where we are not performing at the required level
- Manage procurement to ensure material is available within lead-times for production and that the stock holding Kpi is met.
- Manage purchasing yearly RFQ's to maintain best pricing of materials with approved vendors.
- Ideally have CIPS qualification and a background in a similar role
- Proven experience in a senior management role
- Strong experience in managing major supply chain and large scale operations
- Kledge and implementation of risk management strategies and processes
- Demonstrable experience of excellent senior client relationships and ability to build effective relationships
- Experience of managing teams within a faced paced and complex environmen