Procurement Specialist // Johnson & Johnson
Posted: 25 Feb 2024
Caring for the world, one person at a time. inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of Johnson & Johnson work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 265 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 120,000 people.Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine is a global pharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. We do this by discovering, developing, manufacturing and marketing products that combat major threats to the health of people worldwide. The Bern site, with its approx. 600 people of over 25 nationalities, acts as a center of expertise for development and manufacturing of innovative cell based viral- and bacterial vaccines and bacterial based therapeutic products.Main Responsibilities
- Initiate the timely and economical purchase of goods and services with regards for quality and delivery through different sourcing channels.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, Legal department, Global Procurement and Global Business Service to implement compliant legal agreements
- Align sourcing decisions to strategic or preferred supplier base.
- Support/Lead supplier change projects.
- Research and analyze possible sources/suppliers for requested items, provide alternatives or substitutions, when applicable and provide an overview of options to internal customers
- Ensure that sourcing decisions are aligned with Global procedures and standards
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators
- Support in case of escalation with supplier-related issues. Troubleshoot discrepancies pertaining to purchase orders, requisitions, supplier deliveries, prices and quality
- Ensure department compliance with SOX requirements
- Ensure compliance with Procurement Code of Conduct
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures and promotes good purchasing behavior
- Ensure strong relationship with internal and external business customers
- Support in developing business scope of the SOURCE area, collaborate in projects as SOURCE representative
- Additional tasks as appointed by the manager
Who we are looking for
- Commercial education or University degree
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience in procurement/contracting
- Experience in using SAP or other ERP software
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical environment or related industry
- od communication in German and English
- Ability to benchmark and improve processes
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer focused, Innovative spirit
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Results and performance driven
- Highly motivated, adaptable, and flexible
This job based in Bern, Switzerland will initially be limited to approx. 12 months. If you are interested in working with a global leading pharmaceutical company in a dynamic, inclusive and collaborative environment, then send us your application today. Or give us a call if you have any questions!