Compliance Engineer EMC, Safety, and Environmental Stress
Updated: 22 Jun 2022
Offered by:Speedgoat GmbH
Your job title is Compliance Engineer. You are member of the Product Management team in the Technologies Department. This team’s main responsibilities are to compile requirements for future products, ensure a smooth market introduction of new products after development and to conduct lifecycle management of all active products. An important part of this work is the compliance of products with EMC, safety, and environmental stress standards.
A three-month work introduction plan is prepared for this position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You are responsible that our products comply with the required standards for EMC, safety, and environmental stress. Starting in the requirements phase, you help to define the required standards for a given product. You make sure that these requirements are respected during development of the product and eventually prepare and conduct the compliance testing in external testing laboratories. Lastly, you supervise the compliance of active products throughout their lifecycle. Your tasks include:
- Market research to understand market-specific compliance requirements for various industries and application environments including lab-use, in-vehicle, space, and others.
- Define compliance requirements for new future products.
- Closely collaborate with developers and external development companies to ensure compliance with the required standards.
- Plan and coordinate activities for EMC, safety, and environmental stress certification.
- Prepare and perform internal pre-compliance tests.
- Compliance testing in external testing laboratories.
- Continuous updates of system certifications considering new products and changes in testing standards.
- Continuous improvement of our long-term certification strategy.
- Assure implementation of corrective measures in production to resolve discovered non-compliances.
- Certification support for other departments and teams.
- University degree in electrical engineering or an equivalent education.
- Several years of professional experience in electronics product development, system engineering or technical product management.
- Experienced in product certification (EMC, safety, environmental stress).
- Willingness to familiarize yourself with industry standards, testing standards, and datasheets.
- Ability to take ownership and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills in English and German, written and verbally.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Willingness to spend several days per year in external testing laboratories (not more than 10%).
What we offer
- A chance to contribute to a high-tech company and help our customers to accelerate technological and scientific breakthroughs.
- A highly modern workplace with a lot of flexibility and independence.
- Up to 3 days per week working from home.
- Five weeks of vacation with option for more.
- A young and dynamic working environment and excellent team spirit.
- The company’s profit is shared with all employees.
This is your chance to join a high-tech company and contribute to complex engineering solutions world-wide resulting in next generation technology. This position offers a high degree of individual freedom but also responsibility.