Senior System Engineer
Updated: 12 May 2022
Offered by:FINASTRA Switzerland GmbH
The Position The person in this position must possess the ability to perform typical server engineering skills for a large web environment including server hardware, operating system, security and file administration, advanced scripting and day-to-day operational support functions. Job Requirements:
- Languages: fluent English, other languages are plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in a production environment as a Systems engineer.
- Excellent kledge of RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Very good VMware vSphere cluster / ESXi Skills
- Very good kledge of TCP/IP
- Bash / Python / scripting experience, Ansible k-how is a plus
- Evaluate tools and recommend suitable products for the environment
- Manage and document system configurations
- Strong coordination, organization and communication abilities
- Strong experience in configuration, debugging and support of complex infrastructure projects.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- od communication skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of a global team
- The ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures.
- Ability to work on call support
Nice to have:
- Zabbix / Splunk product experience
- experience with RedHat Satellite
- Khow of IBM WebSphere MQ environment
- Kledge of Swift related hardware & software is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience relevant working experience in a production environment as a Systems engineer.
- Ability to engage with all kinds of stakeholders
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Proven history of prioritizing and organizing multiple projects and assignments
- Ability to develop working relationships with peers and project members.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to perform effectively and work independently
What will work well with our team?
- We take a pragmatic approach to our work in an environment that blends fun with professionalism
- od communication skills (English language skills, German or French an advantage) and easy-going manner
- We strongly believe in a team with great attitude and positive mindset working in an open and collaborative culture
What we offer A challenging and interesting role in an international, matrix-structured and dynamic corporate environment. This is your chance to join a highly innovative team in a global environment with a potential for development. You will encounter a friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneur mentality. We offer you a permanent employment with a competitive package. If you think you are the right person to explore this opportunity and also passionate about creating forward-thinking solutions that fit clients’ needs, then we look forward to receiving your online application.