Traffic Team Member (Ferroalloys / Nickel)
Updated: 18 Nov 2022
Offered by:Glencore International AG
The traffic person is in charge of logistics, finance, hedging, documentation, insurance and related matters and works closely with the other team members in the department as well as with colleagues in other departments and field offices. Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Logistics: Organize shipments of our commodities from origin to destination in co-operation with the rest of the traffic team. This includes organizing road and rail transport, bulk and container shipments, liaising with warehouses and ports. Daily contact with shipbrokers, agents, warehouses, inspectors - negotiating rates
- Bank contacts – Letters of Credit (L/Cs): Opening of L/Cs for our suppliers and checking L/Cs of our receivers for their workability, requesting amendments and negotiating documents for collection of payment
- Insurance: Insuring risk of each transport as well as material in storage
- Contact with clients / field offices: Correspondence on availability of materials in production, transit and in stock; full documentation, invoicing, outgoing and incoming payments, client exposure control and claim handling
- Internal tasks: Email exchange and direct contact with traders for the execution of the contracts. Dealing with accounting staff with regards to bookings, monthly closing tasks and file liquidation
- Sound educational background (commercial apprenticeship or bachelor)
- Minimum of 3 years of export/logistic/shipping experience, preferably in Commodity handling
- Fluent in English (corporate language) is a must and a good understanding of any other language is an asset
The ideal candidate is:
- A team player with an independent and flexible work attitude and is ready to adapt to international practices
- Is efficient and has well-organized working skills as well as a good k-how in using IT applications (MS Office)
- A person who thinks and acts maturely and is able to take responsibility will fit in well with our multicultural and entrepreneurial as well as performance driven environment.
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we k it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.