Updated: 08 Mar 2023
Offered by:Glencore International AG
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare payments bases on traffic input
- Assist the traffic team with issuance of documents for negotiation under Letter of Credit, including issuance of drafts and insurance certificates as well as certificates of origin from Chamber of Commerce
- Book invoices for deliveries into our in-house system to record the purchase or sales and check freight invoices from shipping lines and/or storage invoices received from warehouse companies
- Various other admin tasks on regular or ad hoc bases as needed by the traffic team
The ideal candidate is
- A team player, with an independent and flexible work attitude
- Ready to adapt to international practices
- Efficient and well-organized working skills
- Able to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds
- Interested in Commodity Trading
- od kledge in using MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Qualifications and requirements
- A solid educational background (commercial apprenticeship)
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), further languages are of advantage
- Holding a Swiss work permit or passport holder of CH / EU
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
- We have a generous parental leave policy. Our childcare benefits also include emergency childcare services and financial assistance towards daycare costs.
Who we areGlencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we k it.The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.