Compliance Officer (Technology Focused)
Updated: 22 Jul 2022
Offered by:Glencore International AG
The main tasks and responsibilities include
- maintain the sanctions screening and risk intelligence tools and controls to help Glencore to comply with sanctions, anti-money laundering, countering the financing of terrorism and associated legislation
- enhance settings of fuzzy logic in payment, trade, and screening systems
- maintain watch lists in internal systems
- lead tool related projects and perform quality assurance, test, and implement various applications
- resolve overnight matches (sanctions and non-sanctions) resulting from the compliance screening
- enhance and maintain KYC related tools and compliance related databases
- provide tool related training to the business and compliance team members globally
- work with the team head and team members on various compliance projects and enquiries
The ideal candidate
- has high affinity to IT tools and other information utility or database k-how
- has project management skills
- is self-motivated, enthusiastic and a true team player with a high level of trust and integrity
- has an independent and flexible work attitude and is able to work well under pressure
- has a problem-solving mind-set and takes initiative
- is a fast learner
Qualifications and requirements
- Academic degree in business information technology, computer science, law, compliance, economics, business administration or similar
- Relevant work experience
- Excellent k-how in using IT applications (e.g. Excel)
- Interest in compliance topics
- Fluent in English (corporate language), any additional language is a benefit, but not essential
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Holding a Swiss work permit or passport holder of CH / EU
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we areGlencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we k it.The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc, and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.