Field Service Engineer (all genders) Molecular Spectroscopy
Updated: 03 May 2022
Offered by:Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID: 191990BR
- Deliver all Service activities in Switzerland for: NIR, FTIR, Raman, UV-VIS, etc.:
- Maintenance and validation services
- General customer support
- Analysis of instrument failures
- Support at the technical Hotline
- Contributes to the overall Service Targets with respect to Bookings, Revenues, Service Profit and Overhead Cost while following all internal rules, processes and practices (as they are described)
- Performs all Service Activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations
- Assure responsive telephone support and diagnostic as well as on-site Services to exceed the customers’ expectation and making them successful by using TMO instruments. Actively promote our contract products.
- Always ensure highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible
- Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
- Is responsible to manage the company's assets provided, such as Car Stock/Inventory of Parts, Computer, Telephone, general Tools, Software, Company Car, Manuals etc.
- Optimize the own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatching function, Team Leader, others).
- Is responsible to report accurate and timely of all activities as required (e.g. Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, etc.)
- Assures alignment of all activities at the customer site with the rest of TMO and informs other part of TMO of important information with respect to our customers (e.g. information about new purchases to sales/lead generation)
- Technical education
- Fluent in German and good kledge of English language
- Driving license
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region. For training or special calls, international traveling including all EMEA Territory and the US is required.
- 2-3 years experience servicing of molecular spectroscopy products or as a user
- Very good PC skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Kledge in French is an advantage
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation.