Contracts and Legal Support
Updated: 06 Mar 2023
Offered by:Glencore International AG
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual to join our Contracts and Legal Support Team within the Coal Department. In this position, you will be responsible for the drafting contractual documentation relating to various business transactions as well as providing ad hoc legal support to the Coal Department. In this role you will work closely with Trading, Legal, Compliance and Traffic teams as well as your immediate team. Main tasks and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and finalizing sales and purchase contracts and any ancillary legal documentation
- Drafting reviewing and finalizing amendments / addendums to sale and purchase contracts
- Providing prompt, practical, business oriented, legal assistance directly to Traders and other stakeholders within the Coal Department with the support of our Corporate Legal and Compliance Departments
- Maintaining and managing internal records of all contractual documentation and administration of the contract files including correspondence, finalized signed contracts and any related documentation
The ideal candidate is
- Organized, detail orientated and proactive
- Comfortable with drafting legal documentation, has an eye for formatting and using clear, succinct language
- Efficient, able to prioritize tasks and to deliver a high standard of work within short deadlines
- Able to understand economic workflows, legal requirements, and the interaction between both
- Comfortable with using MS Office
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A strong team player, with the ability to also work independently
- Willing to demonstrate entrepreneurialism as part of the Company Value’s
Qualifications and requirements
- A degree in law
- 1-3 years of work experience in a similar legal / contracts function
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Any further language/s may be beneficial
- Holding a Swiss work permit or passport holder of CH / EU
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we areGlencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we k it.The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.