Contract Writer / Coordinator - 100%
Updated: 16 Jan 2023
Offered by:Glencore International AG
As Contract Writer / Coordinator, you will be part of the Contract Team, which is a team within the Coal Department. In this position, you will be responsible for the drafting of sales and purchase contracts and related legal documents. From a contractual perspective, you may be required to support a particular transaction, starting from the business proposal up until post signature tasks. You will work closely with the Trading and Traffic teams of the Coal Department, your team colleagues, our field offices worldwide as well as our customers. Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Drafting / reviewing and settling of sales and purchase contracts
- Drafting / reviewing and settling Amendments / Addendums to sale and purchase contracts
- Providing prompt, practical, business oriented, legal advice directly to Traders and other stakeholders within the Coal Department with the support of our Corporate Legal and Compliance department
- Corresponding with customers in relation to the sale and purchase contracts and any related contractual documentation
- Maintaining and managing internal records of the sale and purchase contracts and administration of the contract files including correspondence, finalized signed contracts and any related documentation
The ideal candidate is
- Organized, detail orientated and proactive
- Comfortable with drafting legal documentation and has an eye for formatting and using clear, succinct language
- Able to prioritize tasks and to deliver a high standard of work within short deadlines
- Able to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds both inside/outside the Company
- Able to understand economic workflows, the legal requirements, and the interaction between both
- Efficient and able to work well under pressure
- Comfortable with using MS Office
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A strong team player, with the ability to also work independently
- Willing to use entrepreneurialism as part of the Company Value’s
Qualifications and requirements
- A degree in law will be beneficial
- 1-3 years of work experience in a similar legal / contracts function
- Fluent in English spoken and written (corporate language), any further languages are of advantage
- Holding a Swiss work permit or passport holder of CH / EU
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we areGlencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we k it.The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.