Ascona Polo Cup
Ascona Polo Cup is a prestigious tournament taking place each year in the Swiss lake village of Ascona. The event stands for superb quality, friendly competition and excellence in sports. It takes place on a vast site that previously acted as an aerodrome, outside the city of Ascona in Canton Ticino.
An important year for Ascona Polo Club
The game of polo has existed for about 2.600 years with origins in Ancient Persia, and it began to be popular in Switzerland in the 1880s. Ascona Polo Club was founded in 2009 and celebrated its first tournament in 2010.
The 2021 edition of the Ascona Polo Club is a special one, in which the 11th edition of the event will be celebrated. The 10-year anniversary of the club took place in 2019 and the 10th tournament would have been celebrated in 2020, but it was difficult due to the pandemic, therefore the 11th year of the tournament at Ascona Polo Club is set to be very significant.
Ascona Polo Cup programme 2021
Despite the unprecedented circumstances of the coronavirus pandemic, the organisers have worked their magic in order to be able to offer three fantastic polo days full of highlights and riveting entertainment! Experience the fascinating sport that is polo accompanied by exciting events with first-class catering and a high-quality supporting programme in the atmospheric setting of beautiful Ascona.
Here’s an overview of the 2021 Ascona Polo Cup timetable:
- 4pm: Start of polo games
- 5pm: Welcome aperitif and official opening address by the organisers
- 8pm-2am: Players' party in an exclusive location, DJ set & live performance with an “all-in-white” dress code.
- 11.30am: Horse parade through the old town of Ascona
- 6.30pm-2am: Dinner & Polo by Night, Polo qualifying games, party tent with a DJ and the "Ibiza Chic" dress code
- 10.30am: Brunch
- Afternoon: Mediterranean buffet and the finals of the polo games
- Evening: Charity raffle & official closing ceremony. The dress code is “Sunday Chic” and will feature a hat contest!
Visit Ascona Polo Cup
Get your tickets to Ascona Polo Cup and keep an eye on what’s happening on the Ascona Polo Cup website.
While you’re in Ascona, it’s a great chance to visit the sights and attractions in the town - after all there are 11 heritage sites of historical significance in Ascona, including palaces, churches a medieval settlement and the ruins of a castle. The town is situated on Lake Maggiore, a spectacular and world-famous lake that lies in both Switzerland and Italy.