Help manage your health and wellbeing in Switzerland with Cigna insurance
Living abroad can be an exciting and fulfilling experience, but it can also come with its own set of challenges when it comes to managing your health and wellbeing. Cigna Healthcare, a specialist in expat health care, is very conscious of all the difficulties expats can face when it comes to ensuring healthcare services in a new location. With their expat-friendly insurance packages, you can get targeted healthcare from day one.
For expat-friendly health insurance from day one, contact Cigna today!
Some tips for staying healthy as an expat in Switzerland
Moving to a different country often means the start of something new, from a new job or work opportunity to new friends, family and connections. In times of change, expats can start to neglect their own health as they try to adjust to their new environment.
To help, Cigna Healthcare has put this guide together to help globally mobile individuals learn about the basics of international health and health insurance in order to better manage their wellbeing and live healthier and happier lives abroad:
- Get regular exercise: Regular exercise is important for physical and mental well-being. Joining a local gym can help you stay active and make new friends.
- Eat a balanced diet: Try to incorporate local fruits and vegetables into your meals and avoid eating too much processed or fast food.
- Get enough sleep: Make sure you establish a regular sleep schedule and create a relaxing sleep environment.
- Learn the language: Learning the local language can help you navigate the healthcare system and communicate effectively with healthcare professionals.
- Stay up to date on vaccinations: Check with your doctor or a local healthcare provider to make sure you're up to date on all necessary vaccinations.
- Find social support: Moving to a new country can be lonely at times but finding a community of like-minded people can help alleviate feelings of isolation.
- Practice self-care: Take time for yourself and engage in activities that bring you joy and relaxation, such as reading, yoga, or going for a walk.
It's okay to not be okay
For Cigna Healthcare, mental health and wellbeing are just as important as physical health. Here are some additional tips to help manage your mental health and well-being while living abroad:
- Stay connected with friends and family back home: Schedule regular video calls or send messages to keep in touch.
- Seek out mental health resources: Don't be afraid to reach out for help if you're struggling.
- Make sure you have appropriate health coverage: Bear in mind – most public healthcare systems are not all-encompassing.
When you first move to Switzerland, taking care of your health and wellbeing often starts with choosing the right health insurance provider for your needs. A private health plan from Cigna can offer you complete coverage to ensure your peace of mind and save you from unexpected expenses.
Private health insurance in Switzerland with Cigna
When you take out private health insurance in Switzerland as a new expat, having a plan that is both global and local can really take the stress out of those early few months in the country. Cigna Healthcare’s plans provide an extensive level of coverage in the alpine nation, including:
- Access to a global network of over 1.65 million hospitals, clinics, doctors, and medical professionals.
- Full cancer care.
- Full flexibility on payment options, and add-on benefits to enhance your cover.
- Unlimited benefits on current or future pandemic-related care.
- A suite of digital tools, including Global Telehealth to manage your health on the go.
Their team will be able to craft a plan that can suit your needs, from simple requests to complex needs.
Take advantage of free extra medical coverage with Cigna!
Moreover, in the month of April, Cigna is offering free additional medical coverage via their Health & Wellbeing module on all policies*. This additional coverage is focused on improving your overall wellbeing and encouraging a healthy, balanced lifestyle by including the following benefits:
- Routine adult physical examinations: Access to a full suite of physical examinations including BMI, cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure tests.
- Cancer screenings: Including bowel, prostate, breast, and cervical cancer.
- Telephonic Wellness Coaching: Real-time access to medical professionals to support your nutrition, fitness, sleep, stress, weight management, or tobacco cessation goals.
- Life Management Assistance Programme access: 24 / 7 client service access to Life Coaching and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Take control of your healthcare today
If you want health insurance crafted around your needs as an expat, contact Cigna Healthcare today. Also, be sure to take advantage of their free wellbeing policy upgrade before the end of April!
* For full terms and conditions regarding the special April offer, check out the Cigna website.
Leave a comment