User Experience Researcher
Posted: 27 May 2022
Position Description:Role: User Experience ResearcherDuration: 12 monthsLocation: ZurichThe area: We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.The role: In this role you'll be primarily "executing user studies to ensure we're developing innovative, user-friendly bussiness products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, can work fairly independently, are diligent and detail oriented with a passion for learning. Responsibilities:
- Conduct user research (e.g. interviews, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, content testing)
- Work closely with other UXers, product managers and engineers to plan and prioritize user research projects.
- Prepare user research activities (working with the recruiters to schedule study sessions, engaging with stakeholders)
- Analyzing and interpreting data to generate insights and recommendations into compelling reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks, etc.)
- Communicate findings and activate insights with stakeholders
- Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, Psychology, Design Research, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu of degree, related work experience - minimum 1 year of experience.
- Experience in research for product development, design research is required
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills;
- Strong time management skills - can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
Desired (not mandatory)
- High flexibility and willingness to (re-)act rapidly if needed.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks;
- od stakeholder management skills;
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with products (slides, sheets, docs) preferred;
- Prior experience of working on enterprise (B2B) products and/or in advertising, ideally in e-commerce is a plus
This role may be perfect for you if:
- You like to conduct rapid, impactful research. You have gained practical experience in maximizing UXR impact when time is scarce, and this type of research energizes you.
- You have worked in agile environments doing continuous discovery type of research
- You are pragmatic, service-oriented, and like to get things done.
- Usability Testing - In a usability-testing session, a researcher (called a “facilitator” or a “moderator”) asks a participant to perform tasks, usually using one or more specific user interfaces. While the participant completes each task, the researcher observes the participant’s behavior and listens for feedback.
- In depth interviewing - In-depth interviewing is a qualitative research technique that involves conducting intensive individual interviews with a small number of respondents to explore their perspectives on a particular idea, program, or situation.
- Literary reviews- Also kn as “desk research” or “secondary research”) summarize existing research in order to synthesize information from various sources, draw connections across fields, and critically evaluate the state of kledge on a given topic.
- Presentation skills
- Concept testing