Finance and Accounting Manager
Updated: 14 Jun 2022
Offered by:Cimeio Therapeutics
We are looking for a highly motivated Finance and Accounting Manager responsible for all financial matters for Cimeio’s Swiss entity. The role reports to the CFO.The Finance and Accounting Manager coordinates all Finance activities for the Swiss entity, including accounting, accounts payable, tax and treasury as well as financial planning and oversight of management controls. The role requires a highly competent, versatile, and proactive personality that is comfortable working autonomously as it is solely responsible for all finance activities for the Swiss entity. This key position offers a tremendous opportunity to support our growing company in an experienced, vibrant, and agile biotech team. RESPONSIBILITIESFinancial Reporting and Accounting
- Runs the monthly period-close process following company policies, local statutory and IAS guidelines
- Runs the Accounts Payable (AP) processes, overseeing a part-time accountant processing POs and invoices
- Runs the Treasury function and banking relationship
- Coordinates local tax matters and filings with the help of Company’s tax consultant
- Prepares accounting memos for critical transactions in-line with local Swiss statutory and IAS guidelines with the help of the CFO and/or relevant external consultant
- Prepares all relevant documentation and coordinates annual and periodic external audits
- Oversees company’s 3rd party payroll service provider
- Handles other requested administrational demands (e.g., HSE filings)
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Runs financial planning process providing Cimeio’s leadership team with clarity on the Company’s cash runway and strategic resource allocation choices
- Analyses variance to plan providing management with insights into reasons for deviations
- Working with CFO, conducts financial analyses providing strategic decision support to Cimeio’s leadership team
Financial Controls and Processes
- Establishes and maintains an environment of proper procedures and policies to support strong internal control framework with the help of the CFO and/or relevant external consultant
- Leads the set-up of financial reporting and accounting processes and systems
- Establishes and maintains Company financial in line with local Swiss statutory and IAS guidelines with the help of the CFO and/or relevant external consultant
- Chartered Specialist in Accounting and Financial Management, Federal Diploma of Higher Education or Certified Fiduciary, Federal Diploma of Higher Education
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting and finance, including 3+ years in the Biotech / Pharmaceutical Industry or equivalent
- Strong financial (IT) systems experience, including both implementation and management – experience in Oracle NetSuite as a plus
- Detailed kledge of accounting and financial controls, and an ability to drive the Company's compliance
- Strong technical acumen and well versed in Swiss Code of Obligations
- Experience with Swiss regulatory requirements, VAT filings, Stamp Tax filings, and other tax areas
- Excellent business and analytical skills with a high degree of intelligence and creativity
- Well-rounded technical financial skills balanced with sound business judgment
- The ability to assist other leaders with non-financial backgrounds
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver financial data in a user friendly and relevant manner
- Ability to logically plan, organize and complete work assignments in individual and team settings
WHAT WE CURRENTLY OFFER
- Offices: Our well-equipped laboratories and offices are located at the Technologiepark, a premier address for early-stage start-ups in Basel.
- Commuter Benefits: We support our employees tailored to their personal needs in commuting to work and offer parking facilities or a commuter contribution.
- Flexible Working: We support flexible working as appropriate.
- Christmas Closure: In addition to the 24 holidays per year, our offices/labs are closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Birthday Retreat: On top of that, your birthday is your personal holiday - our employees enjoy their birthday with a day off.
- Food: We like get-togethers during lunch time. Enjoy tasty, subsidised meals from our FELFEL food fridge.
- Coffee: Meet up with your colleagues and grab free coffee.
- Development: We support the individual development of our employees.
- German Lessons: For our international employees we support German lessons to speed up integration.
- Creativity: We offer an innovative and creative environment.
- People: We are an international and diverse team with talented and passionate people.
- Fun: From time-to-time we organise cool off-site summer and winter team events.
To apply, please send us this application form together with your CV and Cover Letter.