Chemiker Master/Bachelor in der Forschung (m/w/d)
Updated: 27 Dec 2023
Offered by:Universität Zürich
Liquid Handling and Automation Specialist for Protein Crystallography 50-100 %
- Participate in multidisciplinary and challenging academic research projects in structural biology.
- Develop strategies and perform protein crystallization experiments using state-of-the-art automated laboratory systems, such as pipetting robots and automated imaging systems.
- Analysis of crystallization results in collaboration with scientists, meticulous documentation, and development of new experimental optimization strategies.
- Taking responsibility for equipment, software, facilities, and premises.
- You have completed an apprenticeship as a chemical/biological laboratory technician (Lehre als Chemie-/Biologielaborant:in) or have a bachelor/master degree from a university of applied sciences in the field of life sciences or chemistry.
- You have several years of practical experience with protein chemical methods and/or have experience in experimental work in a biochemistry or biotechnology laboratory.
- You have independent working style, ability to work in a team as well as interest in learning new methods.
- Current kledge of chemical and laboratory safety regulations is a plus.
- You have good MS Office and English (spoken and written) skills.
- You have a good understanding of technical, computer-based systems.
- You have manual dexterity and work carefully and accurately.
What we offer
The position is located at the Department of Biochemistry of University of Zurich, a world-leading institution. We offer a vibrant work environment and a well-equipped core facility. An interdisciplinary environment will provide opportunities for dynamic and creative work.
Place of work
Start of employment
We anticipate to fill the position no later than August 2024. We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, relevant diplomas, and letters of recommendation or contact details of 2 referees. Please send the application documents in German or English.
Applications will be reviewed in February 2024.
Please upload your application via the "Apply " button by 31th January 2024.https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/liquid-handling-and-automation-specia...