Professional Full Stack Engineer (f|m|d) (80-100%) - Zurich - hybrid Work
Updated: 26 May 2023
Offered by:SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG
We are a pioneering network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with forward-looking products.
- Backend - in Node.js and Typescript, following a serverless and microservices architecture in AWS. Our primary services leverage Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS and S3.
- Frontend implemented with Vue.js / React, with Typescript as the language of choice. It comprises a mix of client-side, server-side, pre-rendered and hybrid web apps.
- Monitoring is done through Datadog and Sentry.
- Codebase and services documented using Backstage.
The responsibilities you will get when joining:
- Innovate, design, implement and deploy engineering solutions
- Contribute to projects and participate in planning, execution, and success
- Ask questions, brainstorm, and own the product we are building
- Work closely with the product and solve our users’ problems by building the best products
- Be part of the team and establish credibility with quality of your own and your team’s technical execution
- Thrives in collaborative environments. You are a team player
- Have a growth mindset and are curious - we love growing together
- Have a passion for architecting, building and scaling cloud-based solutions
- Open to change and able to propose solutions
- Feel free to challenge the status quo
- You are a creative, adaptable and problem-solving individual
It would be best if you also had most of these:
- Experience with APIs and microservices
- Experience with cloud services providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure or ogle Cloud
- Kledge of VueJs or ReactJs, its standards and ecosystem
- Three months - comfortable within the team and good development pace, contributing to one of our Guilds. You have your development plan
- Six months - smooth development pace, multiple impactful engineering improvements within the team. You also collaborate well on your Guild and learn according to your development plan
- Nine months - have a successful and impactful track within the team and your Guild. You are progressing in your development plan
In addition, SMG offers you:
- 6 weeks of holidays (with the possibility to buy up to 10 additional days)
- 40-hour week (flexitime with a cap at 45 hours 🡲 We take work-life balance seriously)
- 4 months' notice after the probationary period
- SBB Half-Fare Card
- You travel 1st class between SMG sites in Switzerland
- 18 weeks maternity and 6 weeks paternity leave (also in case of adoption)
- Professional accident and supplementary insurance (100% covered by SMG)
- No fixed office days (you work where you feel most comfortable)
- Independent counselling centre for personal and psychological problems
- Gender-neutral fair pay with clearly defined career profiles
- Choose your hardware (Mac Windows or Linux + 2 monitors for home)
- Choose your mobile phone (iPhone, Samsung, Pixel)
About UsSMG Swiss Marketplace Group Ltd. is a pioneering network of online marketplaces and cutting-edge European digital company that simplifies people’s lives with innovative products.SMG Swiss Marketplace Group Ltd. provides customers with the best tools to meet their life decision needs. The portfolio includes Real Estate (ImmoScout24, Homegate, Immostreet.ch, home.ch, Publimmo, Acheter-Louer.ch, CASASOFT, IAZI), Automotive (AutoScout24, MotoScout24, CAR FOR YOU), General Marketplaces (anibis.ch, tutti.ch, Ricardo) and Finance & Insurance (FinanceScout24). The company was founded in November 2021 by TX Group AG, Ringier AG, La Mobilière and General Atlantic.