Compliance Officer (Sanctions)
Updated: 22 Jul 2022
Offered by:Glencore International AG
The main tasks and responsibilities include
- monitor and analyze regulatory changes / sanctions updates from various sanctioning authorities
- conduct sanctions due diligence on transactions and assess sanctions alerts from the payment filter and trading systems
- resolving overnight matches (sanctions / export control / non-sanctions matches)
- conduct of ad-hoc searches in case of sanctions list updates in overnight screening tool, customer database, vessel screening tool and conduct related open-source research
- provide advice to the business on cross-border commodity trading and marketing activities of Glencore and to other compliance teams and assess direct and indirect sanctions and reputational risks from an internal sanctions policy point of view
- provide sanctions tool training to the business and Compliance team members globally
- analyze vessel related requests and alerts
- maintain watch lists in internal systems
- work with the team head and team members on various compliance projects and enquiries
The ideal candidate
- is motivated, enthusiastic and a true team player with a high level of trust and integrity
- is able to work well under pressure
- has a problem-solving mind-set
- is a fast learner
Qualifications and requirements
- Academic degree (or equivalent)
- Relevant working experience (e.g. in sanctions, AML or KYC) is a benefit, but not essential
- Interest in compliance topics
- Fluent in English (corporate language), any additional language is a benefit, but not essential
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- od k-how in using IT applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Holding a Swiss work permit or passport holder of CH / EU
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we areGlencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we k it.The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc, and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.